Last updated December 17, 2022
1. Role of Vertify
We act as a data controller when we collect personal data from (i) visitors to our website and (ii) customers that register to use our services, including through login.vertify.com. We are a processor with respect to customer end user data (as described below).
2. Collection of Personal Data
This section explains the various ways in which we may collect your personal data.
Personal Data You Provide to Us
We may collect personal data you provide to us in the following scenarios:
- You provide it to us by signing up for an account and/or paying for our products and services
- You provide it to us by filling out a form to request content, such as an ebook or newsletter
- You provide it to us by filling out a form or starting a conversation to request additional information about our services
- You provide it to us by applying for a job on our website
- You provide it to us by contacting us via email or telephone
The personal data collected in these instances may include your name, phone number, email address, physical address, payment information and/or any other personal data that you choose to provide.
Personal Data We Collect Automatically
As you navigate our website, we may also collect information through the use of commonly used information-gathering tools, such as web beacons, standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your IP address, and the actions you take on our website.
Personal Data We Collect From Third-Parties
We may obtain personal data about you from third-parties, including but not limited to data brokers, marketing event organizers, partners and resellers. We require that any third-party providing us with personal data has the necessary rights and consents to share such personal data with us. The personal data collected in these instances may include your name, phone number, email address, and physical address.
Children’s Information and Sensitive Information
Our site is directed to individuals who are the age of majority or older in their jurisdiction. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you believe your child has provided information to us, please contact us using the information provided above.
3. Customer End User Data
While we recognize that an individual may have the right to access, delete and amend the data collected about that individual, we do not have a relationship with customer end users but rather only with our customers. If you are a customer end user and you would like to access, amend or delete your data, then you need to contact the customer directly, and we will respond within a reasonable period of time to any such request by our customer.
4. Cookies and Do Not Track
When you visit our website, we use “session cookies” (a piece of information stored on your computer temporarily and deleted from the user’s device when the browser is closed) and “persistent cookies” (which stay on your device until you delete them). Session cookies help us confirm your identity and are required in order to log into your account, whereas persistent cookies assist you in using our website or services (such as by not having to re-enter your username and password each time you use our services) or aid in website navigation.
If you wish to prevent cookies from being used as you navigate our website, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies and/or indicate when a cookie is being sent. Users who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the website, but may not be able to access or take full advantage of all of the features and services on the website.
Some web browsers have a “do not track” feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our sites are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
5. Uses of Personal Data
Uses of Personal Data
We use personal data in order to respond to requests from you, to carry out our legal obligations and our obligations to you, to protect your interests, and to provide you with notices. Following are examples of how we use your personal data and, if you are a resident of the European Union, the legal basis for such use:
- We may use the personal data you provide to us when you fill in forms on our website to respond to your request and to contact you about that request. Our legal basis for processing this personal data is our legitimate interest in communicating with you and fulfilling your requests.
- We may use your personal data to provide the services to you as well for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the website, the services or for customer service purposes). Our legal basis for processing this personal data is in the performance of our contract to provide the services to you.
- We may use the personal data you provide to us for the purpose of operating our website, ensuring the security and integrity of our website and services and maintaining back-ups of our databases. Our legal basis for processing this personal data is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of and security of our website and services.
- For data and information that we collect through tracking technologies about your interaction with our website and services, we use this information for analyzing the use of the website and services in order to improve the quality and design of our website and the user experience with our website and services. Our legal basis for processing this type of data is our legitimate interests, namely to provide you with a better user experience.
- We may use the personal data you provide to us at marketing events, when you register for an online webinar or download a whitepaper for the purpose of offering, marketing and selling products and services to you. Our legal basis for processing this personal data is consent, which you can withdraw at any time.
- We may also use any of your personal data for the purposes of: (i) enforcing our agreements and policies, (ii) protecting or defending our legal rights; (iii) protecting your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person; or (iv) complying with a legal obligation.
Sales of Personal Information
We will not sell your Personal Data, and have not done so over the last 12 months. To our knowledge, we do not sell the Personal Data of minors under 16 years of age.
Retention of Personal Data
We do not use any personal data provided by you for the purpose of automated decision-making.
6. Sharing of Personal Data
We may disclose personal data that we collect or you provide as described below.
- We may disclose your personal data if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary in order to comply with (i) a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights of Vertify, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or customers, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- If you make a purchase through the Website, your payment information may be provided to a third-party payment processor, and such processor’s use of such payment information would be governed by such processor’s own privacy and other policies.
- Vertify partners with other companies to jointly offer products or services. You will be asked to specifically opt in to share your personal data with our business partners if you choose to purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or service. If you do not wish for your information to be shared in this manner, you may choose not to purchase or specifically express interest in a jointly offered product or service.
- We may transfer your information to an entity or individual that acquires, buys, or merges with Vertify, or our other business units.
Personal data collected on the website and through our services is housed in the country or territory agreed upon during initial provisioning and is not transferred for direct processing or system maintenance (backups, etc.), unless you specifically configure the integration to make that transfer.
7. Data Security
We have taken reasonable physical, technical, and organizational safeguards to protect personal data from theft, loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, copying, collection, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We follow reasonable standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
The information we receive through your use of the Service is stored in the cloud through Amazon AWS. You can learn more about the security and privacy practices of Amazon AWS here: https://aws.amazon.com/security/.
You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. There is also some risk that others could find a way to thwart the security systems. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security or privacy of any information you transmit to us, and, by using our website and/or services, you do so at your own risk.
8. Your Rights
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us, and we understand that you may have the right to access, correct, delete, object to and restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, if you are a resident of the European Union, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You can ask us to rectify inaccurate information. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the data before rectifying it.
- You can ask us to erase your personal data, but only (i) when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, (ii) when you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent), (iii) following a successful right to object, (iv) when it has been processed unlawfully, or (v) to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject. We are not required to comply with your request to erase your personal data if the processing of your personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. There are certain other circumstances in which we are not required to comply with your erasure request, although these two are the most likely circumstances in which we would deny that request.
- In certain contexts, you can ask us to restrict (i.e., keep but not use) your personal data. We can continue to use your personal data following a request for restriction (i) where we have your consent; (ii) to establish, exercise, and defend legal claims; or (iii) to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
- You can object to any processing of your personal data which has our ‘legitimate interests’ as its legal basis if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Once you have objected, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing without providing any reason. We will then cease the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- You can ask us to provide your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it ‘ported’ directly to another data controller, but only where our processing is based on your consent and the processing is carried out by automated means.
- Withdrawal of Consent. You can withdraw your consent in respect of any processing of personal data which is based upon a consent which you have previously provided.
Requests for any of the foregoing should be submitted via email to: [email protected]. Please allow a reasonable time to process any such request.
9. Third-Party Websites
We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of other websites, even if they are linked to our website. We also have no responsibility or liability for any transactions between you and any third party, even if linked to our website.
11. Contact Us
We commit to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal data. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal data is being processed or you want to exercise your rights above, please reach out to Vertify using the following details:
Attn: Vertify, Inc.
411 W Monroe St. #40
Austin, Texas 78704