By Matt Klepac, Vertify CEO & Founder
Is your sales team constantly seeking ways to improve performance and efficiency? Of course they are! This has been an initiative since the dawn of B2B sales, and it will never go away. This is particularly critical for outsourced Sales Development Representative (SDR) companies, where generating high-quality leads and efficient activities is the lifeblood of the business. If your organization does not have a pulse on performance and the efficiency of its sales machine, scaling and promoting the business ultimately falls flat. For organizations that depend on sales performance to sell, this is crucial.
To gain a competitive edge and ultimately sell their services, these companies often turn to powerful tools like Salesloft for mass outbound enablement at scale and Power BI to report on their scaling efforts. But operating these solutions independently or in silos does not do anyone any good. You must be able to unlock more potential out of these powerful tools by seamlessly connecting and orchestrating data between them, in real time.
Let’s explore how solutions like Vertify can be used to connect Salesloft and Power BI, providing outsourced SDR companies with valuable insights and actionable data to supercharge their sales efforts.
The True Power of Each Solution
The Power of Salesloft
Salesloft is a widely used sales engagement platform that helps sales teams streamline their outreach efforts, automate tasks, and optimize communication with leads and prospects. It offers features like email automation, call tracking, and performance analytics. For outsourced SDR companies, Salesloft is a critical tool for managing and monitoring sales outreach activities. Sure, there are other players in this space, but for the purposes of this conversation we’ll focus on Salesloft – the leader in one-to-many personalization at scale.
The Benefits of Power BI
Power BI, on the other hand, is a robust business intelligence tool developed by Microsoft. It allows users to create interactive reports and dashboards from various data sources. Power BI is known for its data visualization capabilities, making it an ideal tool for analyzing and interpreting large sets of data. For outsourced SDR companies, Power BI can provide valuable insights into lead generation, overall sales performance, individual sales personnel performance, and ROI. Once again, there are other BI platforms that compete with Power BI, but from our experience Power BI is the most widely used solution for outsourced SDR companies today.
Let’s pretend for a moment that we are living the life of a CEO of an outsourced SDR company. This company has separate SDR teams for individual brands and industries that you work with, and those separate SDR teams should not have access to each others’ call history, emails, or sales activity.
As the CEO, you need to ensure that your sales teams are running as efficiently as possible while also keeping each team partitioned, so you decide to invest in Salesloft to enable those goals. With this approach, you’ll have each SDR team run their own individual instance of Salesloft for their specific brand or industry. This is a wonderful idea and is the path that seems most effective.
Now let’s fast forward in time. The company is about to deploy 15 instances of Salesloft and make the dream come true for one-to-many personalization at scale. But, you realize that you won’t actually be able to measure these efforts across your separate Salesloft instances.
Sure, the effort will be there, but without measurement how do you adjust, adapt, and improve for optimal performance? And, how do you stand by your results when selling to your next prospect who is looking for an outsourced SDR partner? So, this light bulb moment leads to the realization that you must somehow get the data from your separate Salesloft instances into your business intelligence platform, Power BI.
However, just getting the data there is not good enough. The data must:
- Move/route in real time across every instance
- Be governed by local data laws and restrictions
- Be cleansed to eliminate duplicates and errors
- Be transformed in order to speak the language of multiple systems
- Be merged so that the data is comprehensive and compatible
It’s at this point where the CEO realizes that all of these solutions and efficiencies are going to fall flat without real time data automation and orchestration. This is where a solution like Vertify comes into play and acts as the data refinery, enabling teams to get the most out of their tech investment as well as their time investment.
The Need for Near Real Time Integration
While Salesloft and Power BI are powerful tools individually, integrating them can unlock even greater potential. After all, when you invest in a robust tech stack, you want to get 100% out of that investment, not 40%, right?
The seamless flow of data between these platforms can help outsourced SDR companies make data-driven decisions, identify areas for improvement, and optimize their sales strategies. And, they can do all of this in real time with the proper integration strategy and execution. Whether you invest $50K in a solution like Saleloft or $300K, you want to make sure you get the most out of that investment. Integration is the critical component that can get you there.
Vertify: The Bridge Between SalesLoft and Power BI
Vertify is a data integration and automation platform designed to connect various business applications, enabling the free flow of data between them. For outsourced SDR companies, Vertify acts as the bridge between scalable sales enablement and mission-critical reporting, facilitating the transfer of essential sales data for analysis and reporting. Only then can you learn, adjust, and grow.
Here’s how the integration works:
- Data Extraction: Vertify allows you to extract relevant data from your SalesLoft instance, including information about leads, outreach activities, and response rates.
- Data Transformation: The extracted data is transformed into a format that is compatible with Power BI. This step involves cleaning, structuring, and formatting the data to ensure it is ready for visualization.
- Data Loading: The transformed data is loaded into Power BI, where you can create custom reports, dashboards, and visualizations. This data can be updated in real-time or on a schedule, ensuring that your analytics are always up-to-date.
The benefits of using Vertify to connect Salesloft and Power BI:
- Enhanced Analytics: By connecting Salesloft and Power BI through Vertify, outsourced SDR companies can gain deeper insights into their sales performance. Customized reports and dashboards provide a holistic view of lead generation, conversion rates, and outreach effectiveness.
- Real-Time Tracking: With real-time data updates, you can monitor your sales activities as they happen. This enables you to react quickly to changing market conditions and adjust your strategies accordingly.
- Improved Decision Making: Data-driven decision making is crucial in the world of outsourced SDR companies. Vertify’s integration capabilities ensure that decision makers have access to accurate, timely, and actionable insights.
- ROI Optimization: By analyzing the data collected from Salesloft, you can identify which outreach methods are delivering the highest return on investment. This information can help you allocate resources more efficiently.
It’s a Wrap
For outsourced SDR companies looking to stay ahead in a competitive marketplace, harnessing the power of Salesloft and Power BI through Vertify is a strategic move. This integration empowers organizations to make data-driven decisions, optimize sales processes, and ultimately drive growth. By connecting these essential tools, outsourced SDR companies can ensure they are maximizing the potential of their sales efforts and maintaining a competitive edge in the industry.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to supercharge your sales performance – consider implementing Vertify to connect Salesloft and Power BI today.
Are you ready to close the capability gap and embark on your journey towards data excellence? Schedule a demo with Vertify today to learn more about how our solutions can transform your reporting and analytics.